Preventative Care Dental in Chicago, IL
Preventative dentistry is designed to keep your teeth healthy and protected against periodontal disease. Like all type of preventive medicine, this practice will save you a great deal of time, money, and suffering if done properly. Our preventive services include x-rays, cleanings, and screenings to ensure that our patients stay on track with their oral health. Dental hygienists at Private Dental Services perform thorough dental cleanings, as well as teach you how to keep your smile healthy.Comfortable surroundings, exceptional care and a knowledgeable staff are just a few reasons why patients choose us.
When you visit Private Dental Services, you will receive a comprehensive oral evaluation of your mouth, which includes:
- Gum Disease Evaluation – We check your gums and the bone around your teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Tooth Decay Screening – We examine all of your tooth surfaces for decay and recommend appropriate treatment.
- Oral Cancer Screening – We examine your lips, tongue, throat, tissues and gums, and look for any signs of oral cancer.
- Digital X-Rays – We can detect decay, tumors, cysts and bone loss, as well as tooth and root positions, using these low-radiation X-rays.
- Examination of Your Existing Restorations – We evaluate the current condition of your existing fillings and crowns.
- Occlusion Analysis – We evaluate your bite for occlusion problems. An improper bite can impact the overall structure of your face and contribute to TMJ.
- Smile Analysis – We conduct a Smile Analysis to create the smile of your dreams.
Dental Cleaning Includes:
- Tartar Removal – Calculus, or tartar, is hardened plaque that has firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and must be removed by a dental hygienist.
- Plaque Removal – Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on your teeth. It’s a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris and saliva.
- If not periodically removed, the bacteria produce toxins that infect and inflame the gums – the warning signs of periodontal disease.
- Teeth Polishing – This removes stains and plaque that are not eliminated during tooth brushing.
- Home Care Instructions – You’ll leave each dental visit with clear, easy-to-follow instructions to enhance the care of your teeth and smile. And if that’s not enough, you receive a complimentary tooth brush!